![]() |
| kate hair envy |
I am now fully in the swing of things here at work and there is always something to get stuck into. This week is probably my quietest week I've had since I last wrote. There were certainly a few weeks before and after Easter (with a royally deserved -haha geddit?- break inbetween) where I really did need to put my newly acquired time management skill(z) into action. I think (hope) I’m getting better at it! People, there’s a system going on. And it’s colour-coded and everything. Nevermind that passing library assistants have made comments in jest about said system (i.e. I think they think I’m a complete control freak/saddo who takes pleasure in organising things *cough*) but whatever works right?
So for a very quick round up…in the past month or so I have done the following; attended CILIP training events on running teaching sessions and the aforementioned reflective writing, visited my first big conference (LILAC) for the day, went to a talk with Annie Mauger, attended a CPD25 course on managing student behaviour in the 21st century, shadowed our customer services team and was also in charge of organising this staff shadowing scheme. Phew! I’ve also been to several internal work courses and events – a course on cultural awareness, our Vice Chancellor’s conference away day etc etc. I have joined my local CILIP committee branch as a member and co-editor of our journal and been to a couple of meetings to do with that. What else? All the regulars such as training sessions (including my first one to one appointment with a staff member), enquiry desk work, online chat and I’ve also been getting to grips with our annual stock review – a helpful task giving me new collection management experience.
Summer is just as busy but in a different way. There are lots of projects going on over here at work atm, including helping to organise the staff conference. There are prezi’s and sessions to be designed and reading lists to be checked in preparation for September, faculty liaison opportunities to be grabbed and much, much more. I’ll also be getting a new boss within the next few months so that will be another interesting transition.
In other news, my bookshelves are even heavier with ‘to-reads’ (I’m considering buying a kindle but can’t bring myself to commit) and shoe space in wardrobe has diminished (purse is lighter).
Hope to write more soon. Ttfn!

busy busy! I just attended my first conference, the CILIP Cymru one in mid Wales and I'm going to the Gregynog Colloquium for HE libraries in Wales next week. All rather exciting!
ReplyDeletehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.me.pixelDraw
ReplyDelete